Ongoing Open Positions
Marine Harvest Group is Norway's largest food producer and the world's largest producer of farmed salmon. The company is present in 24 countries, has a total of 12 500 employees worldwide and achieved a revenue of NOK 27.9 billion in 2015. Marine Harvest covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate. Marine Harvest is headquartered in Bergen, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Entry Level Positions
We are currently accepting resumes for upcoming, entry level positions within our Saltwater, Freshwater and Operations Departments.
Applicants with aquaculture experience and/or education will be given preference. Successful applicants must be physically fit, have a passion for animal care, and ability to work long hours in adverse weather conditions. Marine Harvest looks for employees that are self-motivated, well organized and have a positive attitude. Our entry level positions are full time, permanent, and on an 8:6 camp shift.
Sea Site Technician duties include the following:
- feeding and all other fish husbandry responsibilities
- maintenance, repairs, upgrading of your site and equipment
- maintaining health and safety and environmental management procedures
- reporting and records keeping responsibilities
Hatchery Technician duties include the following:
- feeding and caring for salmon fry
- cleaning and maintaining tanks and related equipment
- conducting flow measurements, water quality checks and maintaining records
- assisting with fish health sampling and grading by size
Our Operations Technicians focus on a wide variety of work including:
- building and fallowing sites, setting up lighting and aeration systems
- harvesting/transferring fish
- operating various equipment such as boats, remote operated net cleaning (RONC) technology, and cranes
To be considered for upcoming opportunities with a progressive, growth-oriented company, please submit your resume and cover letter online.